Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 35: Wednesday 24 February 2010

I love randomly winning things! My work manager Lindsey and I went to the Business Expo today (yearly tradition for us) and were quickly making our way through the lame booths. Suddenly this guy jumped out and asked us if we wanted to play a game to win a game. We told them no, and I really didn't want to. Somehow he talked us into playing this trivia game with 4 other people. So we had these little remotes with number keys on them and when a question came up on this tv we had to get the right answer the fastest to get points. The other people playing were really lame and boring, and seriously most of the questions were sooo easy! I ended up winning, and was so happy to get to take home this new Super Mario Brothers for the Wii! My dad has been talking about wanting this forever. It's like $50 if you buy it new, so I definitely won't complain. The funniest part is I have no idea what company they were from at all. They didn't make us sign up for anything or even take a flyer from them, so they gave me free stuff and I don't know who to thank. I guess they only did this think like twice or three times today so we showed up at the perfect time!!! The second funniest part was when I asked the guy if I could have a picture with him. I think he thought I wanted him or something, even though we had already discussed the fact that I do have a husband and I don't have a Wii. We tried explaining that I have this blog that I take photos for everyday. He was so awkward. Oh well, I'll take it for a free game anyday! Yay for me!

1 comment:

  1. That game is so sweet! We bought it last weekend on our date and have been playing it all week. Good job for winning it (and saving dad $50)!

    ReplyDelete